Wednesday 1 April 2015

It's all about that base. Foundation base that is.

I know that some people would say that because of my allergies I should avoid makeup and blah blah blah.
I like makeup.  Its like making a new artwork everyday.
I also like the face that makeup can camouflage my bright red face during an allergic reaction.  
6 layers of makeup is the most I have used.  Just to have a skin-toned face.  Thats not counting blush etc.    

I'm not 100% sure if I'm cool or warm toned.  I try to match my face to my neck/chest and go from there.  Looking at the picture below you can see I've got a cool and a warm tone foundation(and a rogue, I'll explain further down).  I haven't been matched as such, I tend to slap some of the tester on my arms first to see if it oxidises and then match my neck/chest.  



My favourite brand for foundation is hands down Rimmel.  I've used different types of their foundations for at least 7 years and I always go back to them.  I have a foundation that is medium to heavy cover and a lighter cover foundation.  I use to use the Physicians Formula Mineral Foundation, but I was never really happy with it.  Then I found Rimmel.

This is Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation SPF 20 in 010 Light Porcelain.  This is the full coverage foundation that I use when my face is bright red.  I usually need 2 layers of this.  I will be honest, I have yet to find a foundation that covers my red skin in one layer (when I say red, see the red label, that's the colour my skin goes when I'm having an allergic reaction!).  I do have to use a green colour corrector underneath. 
This has a lovely dewy finish.
Even with multiple layers it is a very comfortable foundation.  Only in humid weather does it get uncomfortable.  When my skin is happy I can use 1 layer of this with normal concealer use.
.



This is Rimmel Match Perfection in 081 Fair Ivory.  I use this when my skin is in good condition.  It doesn't work as well as the Lasting Finish to help cover the redness. Again a dewy finish.  I like a dewy finish 90% of the time because I have epic dry skin.  Anything mattifying is a big no-no unless its humid weather.
This type doesn't layer as well as the Lasting Finish.





However both last through a full workday - I usually have finished my makeup at 7am and I removed it 11 to 12 hours later.  And its all there!



This is another Rimmel Match Perfection in 301 Warm Honey that I got in a Priceline goody bag in 2014.  Not my skin tone at all but I use it to darken the two above foundations when my skin is a bit darker in summer.

I might use 2 pumps of the Lasting Finish and half a pump of the Warm Honey.  I'm doing this so I actually use up this product, because it is a foundation that I like already so I don't get splitting from formulation incompatibility.




Another point is that Rimmel make pale enough foundation for my skin.  During January when Chemist Warehouse had their 50% off sale I went in and bought 3 foundations.  2 from Rimmel and 1 from Maybelline (a surprising contender - usually Maybelline foundations oxidise really badly on me).  

All in their lightest shades.  
In the middle of an Australian Summer.

The concealer I consistently go for is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, I have Light on the go a the moment.  I did remove the little sponge at the end because tons of product gets wasted in that. And the germs that will live in the sponge made me twitchy.  Anyway, this concealer works very nicely under the Rimmel foundations.  Strangely I don't have a Rimmel concealer, they are too dark and orange.

I will be doing a post on some more foundations in the future, as I bought two new (to me) foundations in the recent Priceline 40% Off Cosmetics sale.

These Rimmel ones are my go-to, for both everyday makeup and going out makeup.

Later days

No comments:

Post a Comment