Thursday 8 October 2015

Random Hauls - the Sunscreen Edition

I've recently been put on an Immunosuppressant for my eczema/allergies, due to my eczema in particular has been off-the-scales bad this year (since the beginning of March that I can recall the first seriously bad flare-up - I actually cant remember when it was this bad before I did my allergy testing in 2013).

Whilst this is going to help my eczema it can cause other issues such as an increased risk of skin-cancers developing from skin exposure.
I already have a family history of relatives developing skin-cancers, which when compiled with my pale-northern European-complexion and the aggressive Australian sun has made me even more afeared of being burnt (I cant walk across the school yard in summer and get burnt.  That's 5 minutes. 5 damned minutes).

So I took myself off on a mission to Chemist Warehouse (not that it is ever a chore to go to CWH) to acquire some new face-sunscreens (I have plenty of body sunscreens, but needed NEW face sunscreens).  I know I could have done research into AB sunscreens - many have rave reviews, but it will be nice to be have a sunscreen that I can go and buy from Chemist Warehouse easily.
I acquired these three.



I had done some research about the different brands, but I also know that it really will be trial and error, so I went for a brand I am fond of (Nivea)

Nivea Sun Light Feel Daily Face Veil SPF 30 




a brand that has a long following (Olay) 

Olay Complete Defence Moisturising Lotion SPF 30+




and a brand that I used when I was younger (Hamiltons).

Hamilton Sunscreen SPF 50+ Everyday Face Cream






Over the next few weeks I will try all three (I will aim for a week each) and report back on what they were like.  At this stage I have no expectations that one will be better than the other, I will just be basing my judgement on what I like in a sunscreen (not greasy, doesn't sting/irritate, doesn't pill with makeup, stops the sunburn).

What is your go-to sunscreen?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment