Sunday 11 October 2015

Updated Face Routine!! (Epic Post)

Somewhat Longer now....But my skin loves it!

Warning - Epic Post.

My basket of face-stuff....


Basket is from Daiso (AUS$2.80) 
- chose this because its plastic and can be washed if there's a spillage


Everything.Just,Fits.
I like having it all together because when I do my routine I can carry it to my lounge room and watch tv/multitask while I wait for products to sink it.


1. Cleanse with Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser Lotion (nearly used up I bought it in mid-March and its been used daily so lasts for ages, but I will be trying other cream cleansers after this finishes)

2. Wipe down with Garnier Micellar Water just to make sure its all gone (this is my only morning cleanser as well - I'm onto my 3rd bottle of this Micellar Water, I haven't tried other brands yet)

3. Tone with Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner (used to use Nivea Visage Natural Cleansing Toner but I think it has too much alcohol for my skin currently)



4. Holika Holika 3 Seconds Starter - Collagen (not sure if it works, but will use it up anyway - half way through.
5. Some form of Hyaluronic Acid - using leftover serum from a mask from the other night, usually Indeed Labs Serum



6. Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule (love yooooou sooo much) Review here

7. A new serum from DermaVeen - Intense Moisturising Facial Serum ($17 from Chemist Warehouse), Contains Sodium Hyaluronate and Colloidial Oatmeal - this is very new I've only used it for a few days. *



8. Eye Cream - Ego QV Face Revitalising Eye Cream OR Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream (this is great for the dry skin under my eyes and on the bridge of my nose...).  The Mizon is more gel like.  It was the first eye cream that I really got hooked on.



9. Mizon Collagen Power Lifting Emulsion - this is a new player in town for me and so far I'm liking it but I've only used it for a little over two weeks

10. SkinFood Lettuce and Cucumber Emulsion  (review here).  Not sure if I will repurchase as I am planning on trialling new products.

11. Face Shop Rice Ceramide Moisture Emulsion - I now love the old lady perfume scent of it and will repurchase this, looking into other items in the line as well.  Ceramides seem to be hard to source in non AB products unless you want to pay a fortune (Elizabeth Arden).



12 (sometimes) It's Skin Pure Moisture Gel.  I go off and on with this depending on how my skin feels.  Not planning on repurchaisng this item.

13. Nivea Creme in the blue tub, this is my Bae.  I have a serious stockpile of this because I use it for face and body.  With my current flareup this is the only thing my skin on my body can cope with and it drinks it up (#desertskinlifestyle).  I can go through a 200ml tub in two weeks when my skin is very bad.



Sometimes I put a mask after the Snail Ampoule - snails, rice, aloe, hyaluronic acid are my preferred flavours.  If my face is really bad I will Dermeeze (occlusive) over the Nivea - at least an hour before bed so its not sooooo greasy  - Dermeeze is an ointment formulated for severe psoriasis and eczema.  I have some sleeping masks but I tend to just go for the Dermeeze because its automatic.
In the morning I will wait 15mins or so before I apply my sunscreen.  I bought 3 new face sunscreens recently and use 1/4tspn (I measure it into an actual measuring spoon to make sure)

If my skin is horrendous I only use the Micellar Water, Toner, Ampoule and Nivea until it calms down.

I did a LOT of research into ingredients because of my allergies.  You will see no Bee products or BHA's in my list!  Both are linked to Salicylic acid which is an absolute no-go for me.

Yes it's a lot of steps.  This is a full routine and I find it very relaxing to have each step and I love the results I get from these steps.  Before this I never had dewy/bouncy skin and this routine really contributes to keeping my skin hydrated.  I have extraneous variables in terms of my immune system that causes issues with my skin which means I do change up my routine in terms of how many steps I will have.  I have to pay attention to my diet and medications and the changes they cause to my skin.

* I've been researching over the past month products that are readily available in Australia (so for me - Priceline, Target, Chemist Warehouse etc) which are similar to AB products in terms of price-point and ingredients.  Some brands are binging out somewhat comparable items, but prices vary.  Some I'm waiting for sales before I buy them to try.

How has your skincare routine evolved?

No comments:

Post a Comment